Monday 14 March 2016

SKINCARE ROUTINE (OILY- COMBINATION SKIN TYPE) + REVIEW (PRODUCTS THAT WORKED FOR MY ACNE)




I feel every time I start writing a post the first thing I write is 'it has been so long since' and I'm a little fed up of this opening so, this time, I'm just going to start as you all by now know how organised I am! Jokes apart today's blog is on a topic that I have been wanting to do for a long time now. It's my skincare routine.

To begin with I have oily to combination skin type, It is acne prone but lately, the products I have been using have been very helpful. Although I would like to mention that the products I have landed on are the ones I started using after a lot of hit and trial, also these products worked for my skin but they may or may not work for others. Still as these were such a huge help to me I would love to share the experience.



CLEANSER 
I use the LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR Purifying foaming gel for oily sensitive skin, twice a day. I wash my face with this once in the morning and at night. I really like this face wash as it helps my acne stay at bay and is also very gentle on the skin. It does not dry my skin out like other cleansers. Also, It's paraben-free.
PRICE: INR 425 for 50ml
FIND IT HERE


TONER
I don't specifically use a toner because I feel it dries out my face, It's a weird thing I know but I feel so, tell me in the comment section below if you do too. Anywho, so instead of using a toner I use the LA ROCHE-POSAY THERMAL SPRING WATER, I love this stuff it's so calming and fresh on the face I think it's more of an indulgence product rather than a skincare product for me. I just spray a few pumps of it on my entire face after cleansing and let it dry for a few seconds.
PRICE: INR 490 for 50ml
FIND IT HERE


TREATMENT
I use the LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO[+] after the mist and this product has been a life changer for me this is a magic product I would say, the root cause of my acne becoming better is this, I feel the combination of the cleanser and the treatment has given me results that are quick and effective, it has been a little over one month that I have started using this and it has eradicated the big bumps, I still get a little zit here and there but that too dies overnight through this. If you face acne problems I would strongly recommend this as it is worth a shot. I use it twice daily.
PRICE: INR 1350 for 40ml
FIND IT HERE


NOTE: YOU CAN FIND THE ENTIRE LA ROCHE-POSAY ACNE CARE KIT HERE.

DAY CREAM/ MOISTURISER
I use the L'oreal Paris WHITE PERFECT LASER Day cream in the morning, I don't really sell the whitening part of the cream as I do not like to promote whitening products. The reason I bought this is because it works for dark spots and pigmentation and I think I have already mentioned about my acne spots here. This is a lightweight cream I can't really tell about the spot reduction yet as I have been using this only for a couple of weeks but it surely has made the texture of my skin better, It does not clog my pores and works as a good day cream.
PRICE: INR 1100 for 50ml
FIND IT HERE


NIGHT CREAM
To be very honest I don't use a night cream on a daily basis, I feel I haven't found the right one yet but sometimes when my skin feels a little stretchy at night I use the L'oreal Paris WHITE PERFECT LASER OVERNIGHT CREAM it works quite well as a night cream, though it is a little heavy it does not clog my pores. I won't say it is the best out there but whenever I feel my skin is a little worked up I use this, which is rare let me tell you.
PRICE: INR 1049 for 50ml
FIND IT HERE


SUNBLOCK
For sun protection, I use the NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY-TOUCH SUNBLOCK SPF 50+
it is a light weight and effective sunblock and is appropriate for daily use and won't clog your pores. 
PRICE: INR 499 for 88ml.
FIND IT HERE



LIPCARE
As lip balms, I have two options, the ORIFLAME TENDER CARE ROSE PROTECTING BALM and the MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS CANDY WOW in Raspberry, the first one is a clear balm whereas the latter has a pink tint. Both are very useful and effective, I generally use the baby lips in the daytime and tender care at night.
PRICE: Baby lips- INR 275 
             Tender care- INR 225
FIND IT: Baby lips- HERE
                Tender care- HERE


You can also find all the products at www.amazon.in 

So this was my daily skincare routine, I strongly feel less is more so I don't use a lot of products just a basic CTM routine and it works well for me, If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments section below, also if you have used any of these products let me know your experience. 
You can follow me on Instagram for more updates. 

Also, let me know if you would want to connect with me on Snapchat! Have a nice day! 



1 comment: